Urgent appeal from Ukraine’s Civil Society to EMBASSIES, EU, UN, GOVERMENT OF EVERY DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY – YOUR URGENT REACTION IS NEEDED!
In the morning the Speaker of Ukraine parliament Rybak refused to register the opposition draft decree on return to the 2004 Constitution, which caused rapid escalation of the situation on the street.
As for 18:00:
– 3 people are dead in the Profsouz building. 7 more deathly wounded;
– 2 people (older man and woman) found dead near the Khreschatyk metro station (on Institutska street);
1 person killed near the National Bank building;
BBC claims that the headless body of one more victim was near the Parliament building;
– 14 journalists beaten today;
Kyiv is BLOCKED: all underground stations closed, central roads blocked, road out of Kyiv blocked;
Since 18:00 THE STATE OF EMERGENCY is in action. Everyone who is at the Maidan is the extremist – Internal Ministry official statement;
– Maidan crackdown started. Riot police is using grants, massively throws Molotov cocktails on the Maidan tents from the mall which is situated above. BBC journalists claim that internal troops are armed with Kalashnikov automats. Lot of police using unnecessary brutal force against people in the streets;
– more than 500 people injured. A lot in the hospitals. In hospital No. 17 (Laboratornyi 17) more than 70 wounded people;
on Hrushevskogo street “titushky” started robbing houses and people who are passing
riot police is closely coordinating with “titushky”, those are with weapon. A lot of snipers are on roofs. Bulets from the weapon police used are all over
We ask Embassies, European Parliament, PACE, OECD, UN and Government of every country for URGENT REACTION:
1. Those who are in Ukraine, please go to the hospitals and jails. Make statements and deliver objective information to your countries media and officials! By your international mandate – protect protesters from human rights violations. As we know how people dissapear from hospitals, are beaten and jailed.
2. The Europe must react now by personal financial sanctions to stop the violence in Ukraine.
3. Start the URGENT international investigation of the unprecident human rights violations going on now in Ukraine.
4. URGENTLY delegate your human rights monitoring missions to Ukraine.